Sourav Ganguly Wallpapers
Sourav Chandidas Ganguly (born 8 July 1972), affectionately known as Dada (meaning “elder brother” in Bengali), is a former Indian cricketer and captain of the Indian national team, Currently, he is appointed as the honourable President of the CAB and President of the Editorial Board with Wisden India.
Ganguly was introduced into the world of cricket by his elder brother, Snehasish. He is regarded as one of India’s most successful captains in modern times, and one of the greatest ODI batsmen of all time. He started his career by playing in state and school teams. Currently, he is the 8th highest run scorer in One Day Internationals (ODIs) and was the 3rd batsman in history to cross the 10,000 run landmark, after Sachin Tendulkar and Inzamam Ul Haq. In 2002, the Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack ranked him the sixth greatest ODI batsman of all time, next to Viv Richards, Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara, Dean Jones and Michael Bevan.
Here we are sharing Latest Sourav Ganguly Wallpapers Collection:
Some Achievements and records of Ganguly::
– Ganguly and Sachin is a world record holder for creating most number of 50 run parternerships in the first wicket(44) and they also have (26)century parternerships for the first wicket.
– Ganguly is the only fourth player to cross 11,000 ODI runs besides Sachin, Ponting and Jayasuriya.
– He also holds the record to reach 6000, 7000, 8000 and 9000 ODI runs in the fewest number of matches.
– In the year 2004, Ganguly was awarded the “Padma Sri”.
– He captained team India in a record of 49 Test matches in which he won 21 of these, including 12 of them outside India was his biggest Achievement.
– He also led India to their first series win in both Test and ODI’s in Pakistan.
– He also led India to victory over Steve Waugh’s Australia in the 2001 Border Gavaskar Trophy which is considered one of he greatest in Indian cricket history
– Ganguly and Sachin holds the record of most 200+ODI partnerships (6 times).
– He was involved in the first 300 run ODI partnership with Rahul Dravid.
– He scored highest number of ODI runs in the year 1997, 1999 and 2000.
– He scored 7centuries in a single year 2000 and stood second in the list of highest number of centuries in a single calendar.
– He won 3 Man of the Series awards in Test cricket which was against England, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and 7 in ODI cricket which was against Pakistan(2), Sri Lanka(1), West Indies(2), New Zealand(1) and Zimbabwe(1).
– He won 6 Man of the Match awards in Test cricket which was against England, Sri Lanka(2), Australia and South Africa, and 31 awards in ODI’s.